Hunting with a hunting dog can be an exciting experience. Dogs are not called Mans Best Friend without a reason. Since the dawn of men, dogs have been hunting along side men for food and thus domesticated. Hunting with a dog needs a little preparation work to make the experience a good one. Any dog can be trained to hunt although particular breeds are used only for hunting. Good dog hunting supplies are necessary, especially if the dog is just starting out.
There are great stores that you can find to fit any hunting dogs needs. While some breeds are made for hunting, all dogs who are going hunting need some basic materials. Some dogs are trained to hunt for fowls while others are trained to hunt for small animals. Depending on what the dog is trained for, supplies for your hunting dog will vary. First off, if the dog is just starting out, the first item on the supplies list should be a video/DVD on how to train that particular breed of dog. After gaining that knowledge, pieces of equipment for the hunting dog is next on the list.
To start off your dog hunting supplies you’ll need these items:
- Training collar and dog collar ([easyazon_link keywords=”Training dog collar” locale=”US” tag=”activhunti-20″]Amazon[/easyazon_link])
- Electronic beeper to track the whereabouts of your hunting dog ([easyazon_link keywords=”hunting dog beeper” locale=”US” tag=”activhunti-20″]Amazon[/easyazon_link])
- Fowl Trainer kit to familiarize the canine with retrieval of your game ([easyazon_link keywords=”dog fowl trainer kit” locale=”US” tag=”activhunti-20″]Amazon[/easyazon_link])
- Protective gears
- Dog first aid kits ([easyazon_link keywords=”Dog first aid kits” locale=”US” tag=”activhunti-20″]Amazon[/easyazon_link])
- Dog kennels ([easyazon_link keywords=”Dog kennels” locale=”US” tag=”activhunti-20″]Amazon[/easyazon_link])
- Cords and leads
Each item on the list is essential for a hunters dog supplies because you also need to protect your hunting companion to make sure that they are well-taken care of in case they are in need. All hunting dog owners should invest in protective gears for their canines, especially a body vest that protects their dogs chest. All dog hunt with their sense of smell, which is an essential tool for all hunters if they use a hunting dog. This is why a happy canine with proper protection and tools will always keep their scent, and that is why having an adequate supply of dog hunting supplies is an investment in the long run.
With technology advancing these days, training your hunting dog is becoming more of a breeze. Hunting enthusiasts might want to invest in electronic training collars for their four-legged friends because it helps in actually training hunting dogs to hunt for anything and everything in specifics. This is another item to consider adding to the list of dog hunting supplies.